Monday, August 7, 2017

Mailbox Monday - 8/7/2017

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week.

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.
 **************** 
Here’s a shout out to the administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit
Martha of Reviews By Martha's Bookshelf

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive.
*************** 
I hope you had a good mailbox.

I AM OUT OF TOWN VISITING MY SISTERS.  

I WON'T BE COMING HOME UNTIL NEXT TUESDAY.

GOING TO ENTER BASIL AND PESTO BREAD IN THE COUNTY FAIR.  DOING A TRIAL RUN THIS MORNING.  :)

It also seems that when I am out of town, my mailbox gets tons of physical books.  I hope that is the case this week.  :)
************** 
On Monday July 31, I received:  

1. BRING HER HOME by David Bell, courtesy of Loren Jaggers of Penguin Random House and NetGalley.
 
**************
On Tuesday, August 1, I received:

1.  THE SPACE BETWEEN WORDS by Michele Phoenix, courtesy of NetGalley, Book Trib.com, Meryl Moss Media, and Thomas Nelson Books.

**************

 

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, I am visiting my sisters and am going to enter basil bread in the County Fair. :)

      Thanks for commenting, Kathy.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the Fair, Elizabeth. Your bread sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am doing a trial run this morning.

      I put pesto and fresh basil in the dough.

      I won last year with my banana bread so trying something different this year.

      Thanks for commenting, Mary.

      Delete
  3. Have fun on your vacation! Good luck at the fair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol, and thanks for commenting.

      The trial bread run came out delicious.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary Ann, and thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  5. Enjoy your visit and good luck with your entry. Sounds yummy. Happy Reading in between!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Martha.

      The bread has been coming out really good in my trial runs. :)

      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  6. Loved Bring Her Home. But then again, I love all of his books.

    I received The Space Between Words as well. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bring Her Home was good.

      I am enjoying The Space Between Words.

      Thanks for commenting, Lori.

      Delete
  7. Good luck at the county fair. Happy visiting and reading ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, vvb32.

      I am excited to see if I can win another blue ribbon. :)

      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you, Steph, and thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  9. I love basil and pesto bread -- used to buy it all the time at the farmer's market when I worked in the city. Bread making is not one of my talents!

    The Space Between Words caught my eye. Have a good trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to know it is a favorite of yours.

      I hope having this different-flavored bread turns into a winner. :). Even if I don't win, it is fun to participate.

      Thanks for commenting, Leslie.

      Delete