Thursday, August 27, 2015

Water From My Heart by Charles Martin


Charlie Finn had an unusual childhood and a very unique rest of his life.

Charlie played poker, went to Harvard, had a job that ​paid well but ​was a job​ that cost him the woman he loved, and then had another job that gave him a family but also danger.

WATER FROM MY HEART was a bit confusing at first because more than one story was going on.  It started to come together around Page 100 or so.

​We follow Charlie as WATER FROM MY HEART goes back and forth from past to present.  I liked Charlie despite some of the things he did in his life and despite the decisions he made that ruined lives as well as saved and touched lives.

WATER FROM MY HEART was a book about loss, life​​, decisions, and regrets.  


You will learn what the title means and see a redemption in Charlie. The ending was heartwarming.

I have read another book by Charles Martin that I thoroughly enjoyed...UNWRITTEN.  4/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review.

7 comments:

  1. I'm often very interested in books in which the action goes back and forth from past to present. One of my favorites using this technique was Blackberry Winter by Sarah Jio. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never did get to read Blackberry Winter.

      I hope you get to read this book or any of Mr. Martin's books.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  2. An interesting observation, I think almost every book review I've written lately I've commented that the book didn't really gel for me until after the first one hundred (or so) pages. It's probably fairly common, but I certainly have had a run of them lately. Good thing I hardly DNF because they have all been good once they got going :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely on not stopping because most do get good. :)

      Thanks for stopping, OnDBookshelf.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you enjoy this book, Elizabeth. It sounds good.

    ReplyDelete